BOP south event: Sunday Jan. 22

blackshoebox

Staff member
Alright guys, the date is ours. Jan 22, 9-5pm. Location is Gainsville. WE have our race. I stuck my neck out, and paid out the 500.00 dollar deposit to hold the date. Now who wants to come race? Time to put up or shut up. There is a test and tune that sat, so everyone can come and make it a whole weekend thing, if you want to.

The rental includes:

Tech
Front Gate
Time slip
Tower
Light + water box
EMT
Track Prep.
Concession

Price to race will be $75.00. All NHRA saftey rules apply! This track is by the books. It will be 10 bucks to spectate.

I will be setting up a paypal account, and be looking for all racers to pay up front BY Jan. 7, 2006. I have up to this date to cancel and get my deposit back, if it appears we will not have enough racers. We need a minumum, of 50 racers.

I will be contacting vendors, to see who is interested in helping support this event, along with coming down and kicking in something for the winners of the classes. I will also be looking for some volunteers to help, get guys in the lanes, and keep the classes organized.

-Alex

There will be a $2.50 if paying by paypal. So the total for racers would be 77.50 if paying by paypal.

Will have Paypal address soon.

Alex, any update? I know of some out of towners that need to start planning.

Nice hotel,

close to the track ?? :confused: What time does the track open Saturday ??

Alex, I am very interested.. Let me know if it's still ago, when and where to send the money. I have family in Ocala, so I will make a weekend out of it...

Thanks,

Event is off...

Well as some of you know, I decided to try turning this into a normal track rental since it appeared there would be no way I could get the 50 car count from Buicks only. After talking with the track, I am not happy with the deal they are offering if I converted it to a rental, and it actually ups the price per car to almost 150 per car, since a rental includes less cars, and then there is additional charges for each additional car over the agreed amount of cars they allow. Anyone that has paid me(only a few people) will get refund in the next few days.

I am going to talk to BMP about possibly setting up something a little more "informal" or possibly trying "piggy" backing on someone elses rental similar to what some of the lucky guys are doing on Dec. 17th with the F-bodys..If this happens it would most likely be in Feb. Or March..

-Alex

Event is officially cancelled, due to rescheduling of BMP track rental, spots may become available so I will post updates as they come.