You can type here any text you want

Borla Cat Back Exhaust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

Guys, I know this has probably been covered more than once on the board, but does anyone have any feedback on the Borla Cat back system? It's stainless, straight through, and 3" mandrel. My factory 2 3/4" pipe has seen better days. I have a Dynomax ultra flow muffler on there now but it's only 2 1/2" inlet and outlet. I have a Test pipe in place of the cat, but its sounds like crap when I open it up. Sounds like I have a hole in my exhaust system with the cap off.;) yuck!

As long as I have seen available exhuast systems for the TTA.. I liked the borla the best. It was probably the most expensive. The question is if it will flow enough to support your goals.

The other race type exhuast availble is the Mufflex.. they make that in a 4 inch. On an 11 second car the Borla to me would be my choice.. but I know your greedy on getting the time slip.. hence my posting :)

I would say the 4" or more is what you want. I have a custom made 3" with a 3" Ultra Flow and it is still restrictive on a mid 11 car. I pick up 2-3 tenths opening the dump.

I would say the 4" or more is what you want. I have a custom made 3" with a 3" Ultra Flow and it is still restrictive on a mid 11 car. I pick up 2-3 tenths opening the dump.

+1 ;)

Trent,

I asked about the same exhaust some time ago...to me it's the most non-restrictive exhaust made for our car...not counting some custom systems. With 3" mandrel bent all the way back and a single in single out 3" straight through Borla muffler it will be hard to beat...not to mention the fit should be perfect (Borla is like that). If you open the cutout on the passenger side tail then you have a 3" straight shot out the back. I'm probably going with this after I finish my other mods...it just looks to be the best setup to me. I will move my electric cutout to the back and just replace it with a straight test pipe. Still looks stock but no crossflow muffler and all 3" S/S. You could also leave the cutout in for the track and just play with the restrictor plates on the pass tail pipe to get the sound you want as well for street driving. A couple guys around my way have this with electric cutouts in the rear on their LS-1 F-body's and they are very nice. The guys at F-Body Central claim the least restrictive mufflers (straight through design) are Borla then Magnaflow...also have lots of dyno time providing the proof.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-trans-am-tech/177269-anybody-running-borla-14888-exhaust.html

Attachments

• Borla%2014888%20%282%29.jpg
    Borla%2014888%20%282%29.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 193
Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up ordering the Mufflex system today. It's a single, strait through, 4 inch pipe from the Downpipe back. The owner of Mufflex (Denny) told me they just went 8.90's through the muffler with this system on an LS1 car. I like the look of the Borla system, I just don't want to have to open that dump pipe at the track to get maximum performance. Hopfully it will be here before Friday the 25th. It's Friday night street night at the track and it'll be my first actual race with this car.

I looked over the Mufflex website and checked the 3rd-4th Gen section. However, I didn't see anything TTA specific. The stuff that fits the V-8's doesn't fit ours does it ? Aren't there some differences ?

I have the old ATR 3" and it sounds good, but doesn't fit all that well. It bangs all over the place, and now that I put in a Spohn traction bar, I lost the exhaust clamp so now the pipe hits the ground and I am scraping it away.

Back