Bought to pull the trigger on a...

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
Rohrbaugh R9, but the Sig P238 is making me wanna wait for the P938.

Its gonna be one of the two. Anyone have experience with either?

I've already looked at the Diamondback, Kel Tec, Ruger LC9 etc.

These are the 2 I prefer.

Attachments

• 200910811310-xw6170tar-0065_ms.jpg
    200910811310-xw6170tar-0065_ms.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMGP2718.jpg
    IMGP2718.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 84
Just ask her nicely to have supper ready next time and you will not have to buy one :D

I would do a quick serch on the R9. Seems the manufacturer says it's weapon for limited use. Read a customer that returned one after 150 rounds and he was told that was too many for a CC weapon. I've looked at the P238's but I don't like the idea of carrying it cocked & "locked". Seems too easy to bump that safety lever and without a butt safety like on a true 1911 that it was modeled after, bad things could happen. Just my opinion. I carry a p239 & p229 depending on the weather.

The R9 is like buying a Lambo IMO... Buying name only... Out of those two, I'd choose the sig for sure....

I know how it is to have your mind set, but in that class of guns have you looked at the Kimber Solo?

Rohrbaugh R9, but the Sig P238 is making me wanna wait for the P938.

Its gonna be one of the two. Anyone have experience with either?

I've already looked at the Diamondback, Kel Tec, Ruger LC9 etc.

These are the 2 I prefer.

To the O/P,

I take it you were not impressed with "Diamondback, Kel Tec, Ruger LC9 etc."

Do you mind telling us why that is so? I've looked at the 3 that you've mentioned & they seem like nice guns for their class.

Thank you
~JM~

I would do a quick serch on the R9. Seems the manufacturer says it's weapon for limited use. Read a customer that returned one after 150 rounds and he was told that was too many for a CC weapon. I've looked at the P238's but I don't like the idea of carrying it cocked & "locked". Seems too easy to bump that safety lever and without a butt safety like on a true 1911 that it was modeled after, bad things could happen. Just my opinion. I carry a p239 & p229 depending on the weather.

I did do a search and found the same as you. I think we can find that there is always some customers that have a problem with a product. The same search will have people complaining about a Glock, Sig, Kimber etc. I've had a few very knowledgable gun enthusiasts that say the Rohrbaugh can handle many rounds and is not just a carry gun. I like the style and its different. I have many guns so I guess its ok to justify the Rohrbaugh. If it was my only gun I wouldn't buy it. I like the P239 also. Thanks for your input. :cool:

The R9 is like buying a Lambo IMO... Buying name only... Out of those two, I'd choose the sig for sure....

I know how it is to have your mind set, but in that class of guns have you looked at the Kimber Solo?

I like the solo, but already have a Kimber Ultra carry II. Like to mix it up. :D

To the O/P,

I take it you were not impressed with "Diamondback, Kel Tec, Ruger LC9 etc."

Do you mind telling us why that is so? I've looked at the 3 that you've mentioned & they seem like nice guns for their class.

Thank you
~JM~

I am impressed with all 3 for what they provide for the cost, but they are just a carry gun. I want a gun that I can shoot often and carry. The small polymer frames just won't handle alot of 'activity'. Even the aluminum framed lightweight guns are questionable. The Rohrbaugh has an aluminum frame, but it is at least 7075 aircraft cnc machined aluminum. With all that said, thats why I am leaning towards the stainless framed P239.