You can type here any text you want

Bov

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

Well I think someone just asked this but does anyone run a aftermarket BOV from like HKS, GReddy ect. And if not why not wont it help? Sorry I am new to this TTA stuff. Thanks

Well I know its kinda lame but I sort of like the sound of a aftermarket BOV. So any one have one that works well and sounds cool?

They go nice with the big aluminum wing and fart tip muffler..

Its an automatic car...please dont rice it...why not get a honda or mitsubishi..

BOV's have their purpose..but not on our cars..

Get a bigger turbo..injectors..intercooler..etc

Just my humble .02

Cheers

J.

I've got an ATR BOV on my GN mostly due to having a Front Mount. With that much air volume, the turbo would flutter terrible when letting off even with out being in boost. Had it not been for getting a great deal from another board member, I would have spent my money on other mods. The ATR doesn't seem all that loud and it still flutters 2-3 times before venting.

Cool, well it good to see you guys are stuck in you ways.:( I was just wondering if it would help and I sort of liked the sound I guess I am on my own. Thanks to those of you that posted. I am not trying to make enemeys I was just looking for some thing diffrent

Hey dont take it personal..its just fun..

Your money and time..Please spend it and make yourself happy..thats the bottom line..

Its ok to go against the grain..I surely should know....

J.

HKS & TiAl make some great BOVs also...in addition to ATR!

If you like them, have the cash, & want one...they certainly won't slow your car down...or hurt it in any way...so find the one you want from the choices available, and enjoy!!

HTH

:)

Originally posted by GTABurnout
Cool, well it good to see you guys are stuck in you ways.:( I was just wondering if it would help and I sort of liked the sound I guess I am on my own. Thanks to those of you that posted. I am not trying to make enemeys I was just looking for some thing diffrent

Yes we are stuck in our ways, we like to use things that work.

Razor already told you, it won't help but drain your bank account. Worthless!

Don't forget your turbotimer

:cool:

Some of you guys are rude. He doesnt KNOW he asking to learn, if you know then explain it so he understands, thats helpful.

GTA, the REASON we dont use them is because with an automatic car you dont lose boost on the shift like in a stick car where these(BOV's) are PRIMARILY used. Also they are used on cars with bigger turbos because of compressor shock, it saves the bigger ones, our turbos are relatively small in comparison.

As far as the turbo timer goes Ive seen them on cars and its neat idea but most here dont want to leave the car running when they walk away from it.

Heh heh heh :D fake turbo :p HKS, or Tial make a great BOV, but if you really have $$$ buy the Turbonectics "GODZILLA" BOV. It is basically an aluminum WG size :eek: It sounds kinda cool after you let off....

King Kong BOV?

AutoMorph,

I forgot that giant Godzilla Turbonetics unit...they've sure got a lot of "shock-appeal" when you pop the hood...LOL

Cool guys, thanks for the "help" Sorry I don't feel the need to go a long with you guys predetermined ways. All I wanted was a little help and at least a few of you did, Phil thanks again. Well I guess I will look other places for help on anything different. I still have respect for all of you still an I hope you wont hold this against me. I am just going on what I have heard. And since there are far more Turbo imports here then domestics I was going on a Turbo car is a Turbo car. Sorry I was wrong. So no Turbo timer and no BOV. Cool everyone happy now? Good. Cool well I guess I didn't do as much reading as I thought I had befor buying or soon to buying my car. Well I will post soon with some other questions soon and hopefully you guys wil be of more help then.
Nice to get to know a few of you.
Hunter

Turbo car IS a turbo car, it is just some like the US flag in the front of the house and some like it wrapped around their head :D I would have put a turbo timer in but too lazy to figure out wiring and start splicing :eek: BOV I have welded on the up-pipe.

I don't see what the big deal is on putting a BOV on one of these cars is.

Sure we don't need em to hold boost on shifts but what about the person that drives like me? On the gas then right off, I dont lightly let off the gas, sure the mutant pigeon sound is cool but it just worries me, people say the stock turbo doesn't move enough air to damage itself when you do that but why take that chance? A BOV would stop that right?

Great Point!

"Mutant pigeon sound"...LOL

Enough coo-ing already...on with the BOV!

LOL...

Back