You can type here any text you want

Bov

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

Ok I know a lot of you already ripped me on this post a while a go. Well I am going to do an after market blow off valve to help save the Turbo and and over boosting. Andlike I said be for I like the sound. Well heres where I ask if any one has done one on their car. I basically just wan to know where they mounted up well and which you would recomend. I know I am going to catch a bunch of crap for this but I really don't care. I will be happy with any help anyone can give and any pics would be sweet too. If not sorry to disipoint you all but I am going, like some of you posted before "Rice". Well sorry its my car and if I want to do some thing original hat also can save me some parts I will.
Thanks for reading and any info is welcome.

I'd put the BOV in the up pipe, that way the air is vented just before the obstruction (throttle body).

I was going to put one on my car as well, just added insurance, but 90% of the time I'd purposely slowly back out of the throttle to avoid compressor surge. If I snapped it off all the time, I'd put a BOV on in a heartbeat.

As far as a brand, I'd go with a Tial. If you like the sound... well, maybe get a Turbo XS RFL (really frickin' loud) BOV. ;)

On the up-pipe......

I'd get an HKS. The ATR one is an HKS knock-off last I knew.
I think they were about $180 from ATR, The HKS might be higher.
I have one but never hooked it up. I'm going to sell it once I get a replacement up-pipe.... but not because I believe they are worthless

Send me your email address - we can talk. I have a CAS front mount for a GN (not a TTA), and the BOV is attached to the up-pipe with mouting pad. Really nice, pro-looking install, but the pipe is of no use unless you have a GN and Cas f/m.

Not a lot of room on that up-pipe but I think it could be done. I had the liquid ATR unit on my TTA .... but sold it!

Back