braided tranny lines

TRENT THOMPSON

can anybody here tell me what is needed too run braided tranny lines. I need too know what size line, type and size of fitttings etc are needed
thanks

Trent,

I had the braided tranny lines made for my GN. I went the the local hydraulic line and hose supply house. I think it is -6 line and they cremped the fittings on while I waited. I took the fittings from the transmission with me so they could see what fittings needed to be on the stainless lines. I also took the trans cooler I was using to refer the conections on it. I used rubber tramsmission line to use as a reference so I would know what length to purchase. They also made me a set of braided oil cooler lines for the motor oil.

Hey Chris........Did you use standard Aeroquip style fittings on the ends? What type of hydraulic line did they use? I am curious since I want to run 90° fittings on the trans and used the #5 inverted flare to keep my stock trans cooler in the loop with the extrenal cooler per Bruce T's recommendation.
I am also planning on using and engine oil cooler and want to do the same with that.

Lee,

They used the Aeroquip style fittings. The braided line has a teflon liner with rubber line over it then the braided stainless. I told them it was transmission fluid line. There are some liners you can't use with trans fluid. The line supplier will know which line to use.