You can type here any text you want

Brake? Brake light flashes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

josh young

I noticed yesterday that when I returned home from a spin in the car the brake light would flash. I checked it a little last night, but figured I'd ask here today. Anyway, the brake light will come on when the pedal is applied with some pressure, and go back off when you release the pedal. If you lightly apply the brakes the light will not come on, only when the pedal is applied with a decent amount of pressure. The car has the Powermaster unit, I can hear the motor run when the brake pedal is pressed. with the powermaster motor running I'm wondering if the accumulator itself is bad- i see no signs of leakage. The brake fluid is where it should be on the drivers side of the resivoir, the left side is only about 1 inch up from the bottom of the container. I'm going to pump the bowl out tonight to get a better idea of where the level actually is- don't want to overfill it. My questions are: Would low brake fluid make the light blink when pedal is applied? What are the symptoms of a bad accumulator? I'm only hearing the motor run with the key in the run position, not cranked, I couldn't hear it over the engine running anyway, is this normal? The fluid level has not changed since I've had the car - about 6 months. I'll check a little more tonight and post back. Thanks guys!

Back