You can type here any text you want

brake caliper upgrade

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The cheapest one is get the blazer spindles and brakes. Everything is bolt on and not to bad from a salvage yard.

not the dual piston calipers.
you need to S10 spindles for that- which looks like a good idea until you start pricing replacement parts for it. the wheel bearing assembly is right around $300 each- compared to about $15 for all the bearings and seals for both sides of the stock stuff on your car now.
i think SSBC sells a multi piston caliper that bolts to your stock spindle- but they are mucho $$$- and they also sell single piston calipers with much bigger bores in aluminum and cast iron, as well.
but for the same money as any of these options, you could look at adapting Corvette PBR calipers to your stock spindles with 1LE 12" Camaro rotors. it isn't a bolt on deal, but if one goes bad, a replacement is easy to find anywhere.

thanks ND,for the info found some s10 calipers cheap. but i guess have to go another route cant get my ride to build boost w/vacuum brake setup. have to find a cheap solution.got 9"3200 billet stall pro torque convertor, line lock and still the car creeps. brakes wont hold her.

If you want a cheap solution to hold more boost try adding the S-10 wheel cylinders in the rear to hold more boost at the line.

I replaced the rotors with a set from autozone, replaced the pads with ceramic and put braided stainless steel brakelines in and the improvement is amazing So for about $200 i seriouosly increased my stopping power. I recommend trying that before spending big bucks on swaps.

I'd also consider a vacuum tank as well.

I have a Protorque 3200 in 10.5" and can hold a lot of boost with the stock stuff and powermaster.

I'd double check the vacuum install and check valve etc. and perhaps you can make or get a tank cheap enough to try as well.

Carquest $35 rotors here too. :p

Back