You can type here any text you want

brake conversion kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xpatate

Hi,

I have to change my brake on the 4 wheels and I want to take to opportunity to convert for something that really brakes !

My main objectives are :
1- Get rid of the rear drum
2- Get rid of the power ball accu and replace by a more up2date master
3- The kit must fit with the stock wheel
4- Have decent front caliper and disks

I'm on a 1500-2000$ budget

Is it something possible with this budget ?
What kit do you recommand ? I'm looking at the wilwood conversion kits, is it good ?

Thanks !

None of the after market units will fit into your budget. There's a sticky in this section that's got suspension and brake info and should give you the info you're looking for.;)

Read up on the sticky.

My plans involve swapping to Hydroboost(I already got that), Possibly doing a tall b-body spindle to go to the larger rotors, an updated caliper for the front and all four long shoes on the drums in the rear. Rear discs involve a significant out lay of $ and imo to realize that great of an increase in stopping power you need larger rubber which will involve bigger wheels/tires to "get it to the ground".

Some reason you need the disc in the rear? You might look into the Cadillac Seville rear disc but it will require some fab work so it isn't a kit.

Lots of good stuff out there, but just like speed it all cost $, How quick do you want to stop.

I think you could do the front 11" Baer set up from Scot @ GNS, aloneg with a parts store Hydroboost for under $2k. But, you'll still have the rear drums

Thanks for the answers ! I just read the sticky and it helped a lot !

I run 10.5 so I definitely need to stop better than with the stock ones !

The vacuum conversion kit seems to be around 400$
What about the "right stuff detailing", this look pretty cheap, are there any good ? I found the rear kit on summit racing forum for 430$ ... I also found the complete 4 wheels upgrade for 800$ on the bay...

Back