Brake dust shields??

Renthorin,

I think Kirban is also now selling them.

The only "negative" I've ever heard about dust shields is someone saying they impaired cooling.

If that is true, & you run rallys, well...maybe...who knows.

I've used them on several Imports thru the years to help keep the wheels clean with good results.

HTH

:)

I am checking out Kirban's right now.

Anyone know if the ones from Summit are the correct size?

I run these on both my cars and they do help out with the dust, but don't eliminate it of course. I picked up a pair even at AutoZone, around $20 I think. You just need to tell them the model year and car and they can use that bolt pattern as reference.

I used them for about 10 years when I was wearing the stock GN rims. Never had a problem with the brakes because of them and they all but eliminate the brake dust problem.

I used them for years on my stock GN wheels and liked them so much that I bought a new set for my GNX rims. They do help a bunch. I really need a set for my Expedition as those front wheels turn absolutely black. :mad:

Meanbuicks, where did ytou get them for the gnx rims? I cant find 16inch shields, all the stors carry the 15". Did they stop alot of brake dust from going in the honey comb of the rim in the front? these wheels are a bitch to clean!
thanks,
Ralph

brake shoes

I understand that there is a type of brake shoe available that does not have the dust problem. There was a post not to long ago on this. I don't know the name of them so if someone could supply the info on them that would be great. Drew:)

Clean Wheels makes the best dust shields on the market. You can order them through Advanced Auto Parts. I have them on my car and they fit like a glove in the rim, no trimming!