Brake dust!

V8_bait

calm as Hindu cows
Does anyone have suggestions on what kind of brake pads to use to help cut down on the amount of brake dust that collects on the front wheels?

I have to wipe the rims down after every time I take the Buick out.

The last time I did a brake job I paid a little extra for the "good" pads from the local auto parts store because they said they would help cut down on brake dust. If anything it's worse!

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

:confused:

There is a little round plastic piece you can buy that bolts between your wheel and rotor. It acts as a brakedust shield and I hear it works pretty well.

Willwood polymatrix tan pads are real low on dust. If you are interested in a set call us at 281-341-9010

Use the dust shields as suggested......I use them on the front w/welds and they completely eliminated the prob you describe.

HTH

thanks for the tips...

...I like the idea of the shield doohickey but I'm going through the trouble of having the rotors drilled and installing new calipers and braided brake lines, I'd just hate to hide all that work! ;)

You can hardly see the rotors in stock wheels anyways. I have the same problem. Where can I get one of those shields?