Brake fluid leak

GNTurbo6

Asian guy in redneck car
Well, just the other day I started to hear a kinda squealing sound coming whenever I braked. Today I finally checked what was going on and it seems I've been losing brake fluid. I think what happened is that my brake fluid cover somehow got loose so air started getting into the system. The leak looks like was come back from the back left corner of the fluid reservoir.

I had my roommate pump the brake when I had the cover off and sure enough the fluid started to bubble and leak out the back. However when I put the cover back on did the same, it no longer bubbled and leaked. Is this a pretty common thing that happens when the cover is loose? I think when I pulled the cover off the first time today one of the tabs wasn't locked down so it must've gotten loose when I drove over slightly bumpy grass. Plan of action right now is to get a ton of new fluid and bleed the system and hope I fixed it. In case that doesn't work, is there a place I can guy a new reservoir cover and gasket in case those are bad?

It'll leak if you don't the master cylinder cap back on correctly.
I don't think it would cause a squeal, though.

I guess the sound would better be described as kinda similar to boiling water in a teapot. Pressure leaving the resevoir but going past the moist gasket. Seemed fine after I bled just the front driver's side but the pedal goes about half way down before it does anything. I'll try to do the passenger side tomorrow.