You can type here any text you want

Brake issues - Help, PLEASE!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dub Nizzle

Newby here. Purchased an '87 GN with a little under 52K on it back in March. During the test drive, I noticed that the brakes were "spongy" and that the "Brake" light within the dash would illuminate for a brief second. I just assumed that it needed a good flushing and bleeding. Performed that work about 200 miles ago and when I sat in the car this a.m. to drive into work, I had very "stiff" brakes (that wouldn't bite) and the "Brake" light on the dash is on the entire time I have my foot the pedal.

What's the issue?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Probably need to replace something on the powermaster unit... powermaster uses and electric motor to fill an accumulater ball for braking assist. From what I know of them, they are prone to all kinds of failure and most people will opt to replace them with vaccum brakes or hydroboost systems... I actually just got done with a hydroboost system on my car this weekend and am very happy with the results. It may be something as simple as changing the pressure switch, but I think most people will agree that changing to a different setup would give you much more piece of mind..

Back