You can type here any text you want

brake light??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
On a GOOD launch, about 60ft or so the brake light comes on,then goes out? The brakes are/feel fine its only on a heavy load,anyone know whats going on here? ThanX.

????

I don't really know if this will help you out at all, but my 88 Trans Am did the same thing:eek: From a dead stop at the light I would nail it and the brake light would come on and go off, the brakes were fine and the car stopped as it should. Long story short, it was just low enough on brake fluid and when the front would lift the fluid sloshed back far enough to trip the switch for the brake light:rolleyes: Fixed that real quick:biggrin:

I just went and checked, it is a lil low,I will put some in tomarrow and "check" it. Thats prolly it:) ThanX.

Which brake system do you have?

Power master, with 4 yr old pressure switch and 4yr old accumalator ball. I didnt get a chance to drive it today,hopefully tomarrow.I hope it was just a lil low on fluid.

I doubt a low fluid issue is at work here.
The P/M doesn't have a low fluid sensor on it.
You do know the correct procedure for checking the fluid on the ps of the bowl?

If there is no air in the system, it may be an electrical issue.
Bad, loose, old wiring can do strange things.

I've never heard of this problem before. The mention of another vehicle having the same problem with a different brake system makes me wonder if something is going on at the prop valve. It's the only thing in common.

Update

Well it turns out my line lock was the problem! I had it installed BEFORE the proportion(WHAT EVER) valve,switched it to after it all is fine now:) ThanX

Back