You can type here any text you want

brake lights went out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

helrazr

wondering whats up my brake lights just quiet working have all other lights but brake lights even the thrid brake light is out( the one on the rear deck). would it be the switch on pedal or a ground. the fuses look good.thanks

You'll have to get up under the dash to see if the contact switch has moved out of position. It's gray plastic and if it has moved you should see a bit of disturbance on the plastic threads. Not having brake lights may mean the switch is unplugged or defective. There could also be a ground issue between the fuse box and the rear light harness... lots of options, none of them all that fun to work on!

i fixed it, the switch on the peddle was ok but it woesn't making contact properly. i pushed the peddle and pushed the button in and out quickly with my fingure and it they started working. was and easy fix

actually it wasn't my switch on brake pedal it was the multi function switch in the column when you tilt the wheel all the way down the brake lights go out but if you leave the wheel up they come on. going to fix on friday.

It may be the cresent shaped connector on top of the column instead of the switch. It will work loose over time. Just make sure it's pushed together good and the lights should work no matter what the tilt posisiton.

Back