You can type here any text you want

Brake lights

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Junior Samples

Walk Away
My light in back dash comes on but not my main brake lights.

Hazards come on, blinkers, fuse is good and theres power going to them but when i depress pedel ..nothing.

any ideas?

Mike

There is a wiring harness plug on the top of your steering column, up underneath the dash. You have to remove the lower panel to access it. Once you get there you need to find the white wire. It is most likely damaged.

For some reason, that white wire messes up right there.
It's happened to many.

Also check your grounds in the trunk.

HTH

Remember the cure for Gremlins....sunlight. :biggrin:

You have to get that GN out once in a while. J/K

I think we all have gremlins under the hood.

The turn signal switch inside the steering column goes bad and cause this too. I chased this same problem via different ideas and the turn signal switch replaced cured it.

Re:

On the turn signal ideir...even if my turn signals work could it still be part of the problem? I have top'd off my blinker fluid.

Id like to get this car out before the snow flys but My scanmaster comes tomorrow and I need to get some readings due to high idle, rough idle with slight miss, vacuum at 14 inches which I been chasing with no luck, my brake (dummy)light comming on until i smak the motor and now no brake lights.

On first start I get white smoke and more then id like of condensation out the pipe but my compression readings are fine with no earl and water mixed anywhere, and no bubbles in my resv.

So with about a month ownership into this new headache err project i have a few grimlins to hunt down.

Got my 10 gauge loaded with #2 goose load

Mike

lights

Yes. My turn signals still worked but the contacts that complete the circuit for brake lights was messed up. Happened to me on two different turbo regals I have had now.

Do I understand that you are having a problem with your PowerMaster?

Smack the motor, brake light no longer on, etc?

PowerMaster problems and non working brake lights are not related problems.

Zeus---Re:

Thanks Alky once I get the bugs out IM gonna get me that kit..anyway

Zeus:

Yes two different probs. I bought the car from my chirocrackter/friend. he sunk about 14 into it and I got it for 6 but its pretty much been sitting for the last 7 years with a couple of start ups per year..well 2000 miles in 7 years anyway.

So with that in mind, I pretty much knew what I was buying---cars have to be driven or the grimlins take over and thats what seems to have happend.

I got extra C3 boosters etc so I may do the swap once i locate mid Gbody at bone yard to grab the brake pedal hardware. from what ive been reading it might be the accumulator but my books come today as well as my scanmaster.

IM going to pull my readings tonight and see whats up, with my low vacuume which ive been chasing leaks down to no avail.

got myself caught in rut buying new and trading in for the last 20 years and now im playing catch up on 20 yr old tech having only built smallblocks for my vettes and now i got all this but man IM hooked:cool:

Mike

got myself caught in rut buying new and trading in for the last 20 years and now im playing catch up on 20 yr old tech having only built smallblocks for my vettes and now i got all this but man IM hooked:cool:

Mike

I can understand your position. That small block V8 does have a lure to it. It has this sound that just can't be reporduced by an 6 banger no matter what you try. I have come close with my old style 4.2L Jeep, but it just ain't the same.

If you need help with your P/M, I will be glad to help. But start a fresh thread and we'll deal with the problem.

fixed

damn aftermarket alarm had hardwire into brake lights, fuse was pulled from alarm thus no brakelights er somthin like that anyway.

lights are on, alarm is now out

rrrrriiiiiiiiip

thanks once again

mike

Back