You can type here any text you want

Brake Pads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I put Ceramix (Napa) on my GN last year and love them.

They solved the brake dust problem and the squeal when they got warm.

About 75 bucks I think.

I use Morse ceramics on both my cars. About $45 from Autozone, low dust and big stop improvement over stock pads.

I used Performace Frictions from good 'ol AutoZone. Around $45-$50 a set. Had then on several cars and trucks, always liked them. Low dust, never heard a squeek, no problems.

BTW, some usefull rotor info, eventhough I have never had a problem with GM rotors:

http://www.coolrotor.com/whitepapers/warped_rotors_myth.htm

Also, run through a good break in before use. I like to run it up to about 20 mph then come, slowly, to almost 0 a few times, then to 30 a few times, then 40 a few times. All told about 10 - 12 easty "almost" stops from reasonable speeds. This gets the pads nice and warm slowly and allows them to exchange material with the rotors. I then park it and let it completly cool before normal driving. I also try not to let a hot pad sit on the rotor for the first 100mi or so. IE, at a light, on level ground, I throw it up in N and let off the brake if I know I won't roll.

Then again you could always go high dollar ultra exotic pads and rotors but i would guess from the nature of the question you are a little like I, you just want something of reasonable cost that works well.

brent

Back