You can type here any text you want

Brake pedal wont release!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

allblackcars

War Eagle
I not sure if any of you had this problem but last night I had to disconnect the battery cable because the brake pedal would fall slightly and make the brake lights come on. Every time I pull them up they fall down an inch or so just enough to make the lights come on. Is there some type of adjustment screw or something?

If you pulled back on the pedal to hard, it's possible that you moved the brake light switch out of whack. Try to readjust the switch. Push is toward the pedal arm till the button is compressed. You should be able to do this without any tools.

If your brakes are working normally, it's the light switch that's out of adjustment. If your brakes aren't working right, it's another story.

Do you still have the P/M?

The brakes are working fine its just that when i get out of the car the brake lights would still be on. First I would just move the pedal up to make them go of but now it falls back a litlle and the brake lights stay on. How exactly does that switch work on the brake pedal.

update

okay so i found two switches with buttons the contact with the brake rod.
I found the little clip that holds the switch broken. I push the switch through the hole a little further and the brake lights went off, but it maybe a temp fix.

Make sure the other switch is set the same way. It's for cruise control.

Back