You can type here any text you want

Brake Pedals

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Is it better to change the Pedal when going to a Manual master Cylinder than keeping the Power Master Pedal?

ThankM

If you mean manual as in vacuum type system...then yes,as they have different leverages,or pivot. Damn shame too...what a pain to do...i have so many wires,i cant even begin to see the bolt.:(

No.. I meant Manual Master. But I fugured all Pedals are the same. just he Pin Angle is differnt.

The pin angle is not as important as the position that it connects on the pedal. The closer it is to the pedal pivot at the top, the more leverage you have. The vacuum pedal has another hole in it real close to the top that is for the manual brake setup. It gives more leverage than the pm pedal.

I bet your pedal moves very little before it gets hard. If you move the pushrod up, you'll get more pedal travel and more pressure in the system.

Going to a smaller master cylinder kinda has the same effect, but it may not move enough fluid if you have drums or multi piston disc calipers.

Pin angle should be fixed with the master cylinder to firewall mount, but the PM mount is close enough with the vacuum pedal.

You would think that the closer the Pin is to the Pivot, the less travel you would have!! I have a chart that will tell me
where I have to place the Pin vs Master Cylinder Bore Size.

Back