Brake problem

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Brake problem

Replaced all the brakes - fronts and rear.

Go to bleed um...no fluid to the rear lines.

Fronts bleed no problem but I cant get any to the rear lines. I removed the line from the porportioning valve that goes rearward - nothing.

I dont have a clue why this is happening...I tried to move the porportioning valve by loosening off one front bleeder and jamming the pedal to the floor - damn valve wont do anything.

Do I remove the valve and get a new one ? Anyone had this problem ?

Help ?

Yes. If you've relieved the pressure by loosening off a front line and the sliding thingy inside the prop valve doesn't "center" again and allow fluid to both front and back then the prop valve is bad.

If it's the old cast iron one you should replace it with the newer brass one anyway. Once you've put the new prop valve on go to gnttype.org and find under the technical articles one called brake dancing. That will tell you how to properly bleed the brakes.

Thanks Chris...

Checked out the brake dancing article. I also read the Convert Your Powermaster To Vacuum article. Interesting reading...

Think I might do it.

Should I have a Hydraboost system ? I have an 85 GN. I think I have a Powermaster system - according to the exploded diagram on gnttype.

Cant find ANY lines that go to my power steering box or pump or anywhere else for that matter. Seems I have a powermaster.

This make sense ????