You can type here any text you want

Brake problems with rear disc brake conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mats Myrstad

Hey

I have a a currie rear end with disc conversion kit on my 1980 Regal, do you have any idea of what master cylinder i need to use ?? seems like the balance between front and rear is shit...

thanks
Mats

Still running the stock proportioning valve? Most rear disc conversions call for some sort of modification to the block and/or adding a adjustable proportioning valve.

That's funny, I kinda forgot about that when installing my ls1 brakes... Drum brakes use a residual pressure valve combined in the proposioning valve , hence the name combo valve , it keeps residual pressure in the line to the wheel cylinders.. I would imagine that would cause alittle drag on the rears... Please correct me if I'm wrong here, can't remember if the g-bodies used this type of system or not. I'll have to look it up in my gm books when I get home.

Mats Myrstad said:
Hey

I have a a currie rear end with disc conversion kit on my 1980 Regal, do you have any idea of what master cylinder i need to use ?? seems like the balance between front and rear is shit...

thanks
Mats

Need a disc disc proportioning valve

Do you know if that is a direct bolt in swap... It looks like it, but was wanting to ask anyway.
It is supposed to be. I actually purchased two of them (one for my cutlass and one for my buick). I'm 99% sure they use the same proportioning valve. I'll probably be installing it within a week or two so I can let you know. It is a nice piece though. What I am hoping for is that I will not need an adjustable valve. I know most will come on here and say "you need one to dial it in" but if this will bias the brakes without hassle, this will be a great mod.

Back