You can type here any text you want

Brake warning ;ight

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fgordon

Waitin For The Majic
My brake warning light illuminates briefly whenever I apply the brakes. The brakes seem to work OK. The cost for the switch and accumulator is so high that I thought I should get some input before I began changing parts.

Anyone have any Idea where to start looking for the fix?

Made any changes lately? Tried bleeding them yet?

I haven't made any changes or attempted any repairs. The problem started after the car had been parked for about two weeks. I don't know when the fluid was last changed or any other brake service was performed.

It sounds to me like your accumulator is very gradually leaking pressure. Not enough to cause a failure, but enough that you run out of assist quickly and your line pressure drops. Does your car have a gray switch or black switch?

It sounds to me like your accumulator is very gradually leaking pressure. Not enough to cause a failure, but enough that you run out of assist quickly and your line pressure drops. Does your car have a gray switch or black switch?

It has a gray switch!

I had the same problem last year and bought a new accumulator from Kirban and the problem was solved.

I had the same problem last year and bought a new accumulator from Kirban and the problem was solved.

X2 I had the same symptoms and changing the accumulator bowl did the trick. I also flushed the old brake fluid out and replaced it. There was a ton of "gunk" that came out of the old (original) bowl. I assume it was what was left of the diaphragm.

DONT drive it anymore until you get the problem solved. But 99% sure you have an accumulator issue. If the pressure switch were going bad the symptoms would likely be just a bit different.

My brake warning light illuminates briefly whenever I apply the brakes. The brakes seem to work OK. The cost for the switch and accumulator is so high that I thought I should get some input before I began changing parts.

Anyone have any Idea where to start looking for the fix?

Did you do the Accumulator diagnosis on it yet. Check out GN TTYPE.org

Brake System

Thanks, I'll put it on the rack today and check for the brass combination valve.

Back