You can type here any text you want

Brake Warning Light Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chef

I have a question about the brake warning light.

I just did a complete break job front and rear(pads calipers rotors etc.) on my 87 GN. Bled the lines and got all the air bubbles out of the accumulator ball. The only thing I didn't do is bench bleed. I have no leaks in the system from what I can tell.

The issue is that the break light comes on when I apply the breaks and then goes off again. If I press real slow it wont come on at all. I haven't taken it out on the road for fear of break failure, but testing it in the driveway it seems like it has a long stopping distance.

I've bled and rebled the system and now I'm at a complete loss.....

Any advice??

I have a question about the brake warning light.

I just did a complete break job front and rear(pads calipers rotors etc.) on my 87 GN. Bled the lines and got all the air bubbles out of the accumulator ball. The only thing I didn't do is bench bleed. I have no leaks in the system from what I can tell.

The issue is that the break light comes on when I apply the breaks and then goes off again. If I press real slow it wont come on at all. I haven't taken it out on the road for fear of break failure, but testing it in the driveway it seems like it has a long stopping distance.

I've bled and rebled the system and now I'm at a complete loss.....

Any advice??
If ur break light comes on n off like u described n felt somewhat of soft pedal but dont come on when u press the pedal slowly its most likely the accumulator bowl it had happened to my GN twice replaced the bowl problem solved .

That's what I thought. Where did you get the ball from and roughly what did you pay? I've seen them from 250 and up. A vacuume system cost about 300ish so I figure I'd replace it if I can't get one for under 150.

That's what I thought. Where did you get the ball from and roughly what did you pay? I've seen them from 250 and up. A vacuume system cost about 300ish so I figure I'd replace it if I can't get one for under 150.
First time i bought an used one from Dennis Kirban its been bench test first was a good used one for like less than $90 it last me almost 5 yrs then i replaced a new one from him made by Cardon for $179 + shipping havent had any problem since that was 3 yrs ago, i think the key is to maintain ur break fluid clean n make sure no contamination ine the system in order for ur PM to last :D
http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/318/BRAKE+ACCUMULATOR+BOWL+#6697.html
PS: Check out Dennis's inner circle weekly he has good used one to sell sometimes, if u wanna save a lil $ just a thought i hope that help .

Thanks for the help! After a long backorder the part came and seems to be working fine. Cost about 190 after shipping.

Back