You can type here any text you want

Brakes feel like manual on gradual stop.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84BuickGNYorkPA

Daily Driving Buick V-6 Turbo's 1979 - Present
I need some advise, I have a 87 motor, with the vac set-up. And a bunch of new brake parts including master cylinder, brake booster, rear shoes & brass proportioning valve. According to the scanmaster 2.2 I have a -8 value on the boost reading.
Here is the problem, when I first hit the brakes they seem good, but if I ride my brakes gently for say 40 yds while comming up on a red light, by the time I get to the light my brakes feel just like my Dad's 65 Chevy pick-up manual brakes.
My signature is current, I have two questions, first are my low vaccum readings related to my brake problem? And 2nd, what can I do to improve my brakes?
Thanks,

Chuck

I don't think you have low vacuum. -8 is probably reading in PSI since it's your "boost" reading. -8 PSI is around -16 in/Hg which is normal for these cars.

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for the information....
I have no clue then why my brakes aren't working right, I replaced all the parts except the lines, the rear cylinders where replaced last spring with the S-10 cylinders. I might just have to take the car to a brake shop. :mad:

Chuck

I don't think you have low vacuum. -8 is probably reading in PSI since it's your "boost" reading. -8 PSI is around -16 in/Hg which is normal for these cars.

I installed a vacuum/boost gage tonight and the scanmaster 2.2 is right on the money. I only have 10-8 lbs of vacuum at idle the gage and the scanmaster are identical.

Chuck

Back