You can type here any text you want

Brakes for Ford 9"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Iam getting ready to order a bolt in 9" for my TTA. Mosier said they can put housing ends on that will work for chevy 9.5" drums or the bigger ford 11" drums. I was wondering if any one is running these bigger ford drums, and if so what kind of boost levels can you hold with this set up.

I ran the big ford brakes on a gn......and when I get around to the 9" in tta ill do it again.....

I think they are 2 3/4 inches wide......too

I got em at a yard for 40$ then bought new shoes.......

The drums are big and HEAVY but I wanted to machine them down.......if you see them you may understand what I mean.....like cooling fins that hang over the backing plate....

Anyways.....you should be able to hold 20+ psi easily.....I bypassed the oem proportioning valve and ran a willwood valve wide open all the time.......I thought I would adjust it but wide open was about perfect........

I would (not having done my tta yet) do the brakes first and then if unsatisfied......bypass the oem proportioning valve etc.....I think the oem valving of the tta must be more pressure since they are disc compared to tr's being drum.....but I don t know...

The drums I used I think are basically 72 to 76 ford trucks.....

Be sure to check the drum register diameter too......

I want to be able to hold 15+ pounds of boost on the line. As far as I know no one has any luck holding high boost on the line with disc brakes. I also refuse to run a trans break so thats not an option for me.
Jason

I have that drum setup on the back of my car with my Moser 9". It wouldnt hold very well on the line. As a matter of fact, I couldnt hold the car at anything over 2000 rpms. I had my Vortech at the time. I launched just flashing my converter.

I may have had some air in the lines Im not sure. Im going to re-evaluate my braking situation this season before I go to the track. Manual valve body TH400 with a brake. Going to need some stopping power with this turbo.

Good luck.

Back