You can type here any text you want

brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

loren

I have a 87 grand national and need some help with brakes. I ordered a new accumulator but i think i need a new master cylinder, 1 side of the master cylinder keeps draining. So im sure there is a leak, any help in North Louisiana.

Are the lines wet around the M/C? Maybe you have leaking caliper or wheel cylinder? Everytime I've had a bad accumulator the powermaster motor will run each time I hit the brakes. I've replaced my accumulator 4 time, done with powermaster and am switching to hydroboost soon

I will check i keep getting jacked around from the folks at Kurban, I ran into a guy with 2 grand nationals and he took the brakes out of a non turbo buick and he said it works fine and would never go back to the accumulator type brakes, I plan on keeping the car, so i will start there and check the hoses/lines thank for the information.

I keep seeing in Kirbans newsletter saying they are not getting the accumulator or the entire power master units rebuilt from Cardone when they were supposed to. You can either do Vacuum set up or Hydroboost. Its a split community on which one is better

Before you change everything over install new lines to the calibers . I feel its the first think you should change see if there is a difference than move forward

I had a brake issue about 3 months ago with the Powermaster system. I'm just going to say it was a headache and a half, I will be switching to vacuum brakes soon as i get back to my car.

What do you mean by draining? One side is supposed to go down some when you turn the key it fills up the accumulator. Is the fluid on the ground underneath the car?

Just changed mine over to vacuum brakes last weekend. EASY!!! Works great!!! Bought the parts from parts store and brake petal from salvage yard. Hardest part was getting the bolt at the top of the brake petal back in.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back