Break-in recommendations......

HOTTOGO

Never Enough!!!
just wanted to know if there is any recommendations on a time period before punishing a fresh rebuilt tranny? Also should there be an initial oil change prior to the first scheduled 15,000 mi. one? I know engines are different and I've built probably a dozen or so and most people tell you to baby them during break-in but I have always broke them in the way I plan to drive them short of winding them up to the red line repetively 'til I got 500 mi. on them and have never had a prob. and I do a first oil change after the first 1/2 hour of running and then after the first 500 mi. but I know a trans is not reciprocating, metal to metal eng. and just curious on the break-in thoughts on a tranny.

Just freaking Hammer it. If it is right it is right.

Hammer it after it is warmed up to operating temp and has made enough shifts to purge any and all air in system. I wait oh about 500 ft! We run them on stands to make sure all is correct nd then out to the street it goes and down to the mat it goes. The best shifts it ever makes will be the first 30 or so.
We reccommend service at 5000 miles the first time and 15,000 thereafter. Or once a year preferrably in the late spring just before hell sets in here. :D

Cool Beans!

Just what I was hoping/wanting to hear, 'cuz it's already seen a dozen or so WOT shift since after the first mile. Also "if it's right it's right" and so far I think it's right as I followed your recipe and very thankful I did. I didn't know a trans could bark'em going into OD 'til now. Check this thread if you haven't already. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48483