You can type here any text you want

BS3 for CA emissions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MY3TTYPES

In an article;

"If you want to enhance your vehicle's performance but don't want to fail the smog test, read the fine print on some of the products out there. You're going to want to find a product which has an Executive Order number. EO numbers are given only to performance products which the State of California has inspected and approved for street use. Performance Products with EO numbers can pass the smog test. Most manufactures of these products will stamp the EO number on their product. In some cases EO Numbered decals are provided with the component and required to be placed under the vehicle's hood. At any rate, the smog station which will be inspecting your vehicle must have the EO number readily available, either via a decal, stamp or the specific component's manual. Your vehicle will fail the smog test if you are not able to provide EO numbers for you performance products."

Does anyone know if the BS3 system has an "EO" number?
Is it CA freindly or did I just end up with a headache?

Signed, A Little Worried
TIA

No way. But...how're they going to know? If it's tucked up under the kick panel, that is. They aren't going to look for it.

Now, whether your tune is good enough to pass, that's a whole 'nother question. I'd guess it could certainly be done.

Correct tune

Mac in SD said:
No way. But...how're they going to know? If it's tucked up under the kick panel, that is. They aren't going to look for it.

Now, whether your tune is good enough to pass, that's a whole 'nother question. I'd guess it could certainly be done.

There in lies the question! I'm workin' on it as we speak.

Thanks for the post.

Passing Emissions

I just passed the IM240 emission test here in AZ with my old FAST bank to bank system. The old system doesn't have egr control like the XFI does but I was still able to pass with less than half the allowable limits. You shouldn't have any problems with a properly tuned system. :cool:

Back