You can type here any text you want

BS3 help needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buick bs3 user

I have a BS3 on a twin turbo BBC and am struggeling with some tunig issues. I think part of the problem is knowing which maps need to be set first as other maps (such as warm up "MAP vs Coolant") modify them. Am I right? I have looked for some sequence directions and cannot find any.

Anybody hear of a Big Stuff 3 users group?

I think this is a great system but the CD gives no clues. I assume there is guidance somewhere as I cannot be the first person to question this.

Thanks for any advice

I feel your pain...subscribed

edited:I guess I'll say it before someone else does...you might want to try this thread in the correct forum

What have you done so far? What problems are you haveing? Did you get a base startup map from your dealer? What Injectors are you using? What ignition system? What is fuel pressure?
Mike

BS3 help

It came with a basic tune that got it going enough to allow me to start playing with settings. I am currently stalled getting cold starting and warm up maps set and it doesn't help when you get one chance a day to start from ambient temp.

This is mild 10 PSI system with a electronic distibutor and single coil. Fuel pressure is 38PSI and is good once I **** canned the mechanical Race Pump and put in an electric Aeromotive pump. This is a street driver and makes more HP than I can hook up when the boost comes in.

I am an engineer and want to know how to do this myself. What I seem to be fighting is understanding how the various fuel maps affect the VE map. BS3 instructions tell what each map does but is vague on interactions and tells nothing about which maps need to be fine tuned first.

Are there any write ups somewhere? Thanks for your response. What are your experiances?

It came with a basic tune that got it going enough to allow me to start playing with settings. I am currently stalled getting cold starting and warm up maps set and it doesn't help when you get one chance a day to start from ambient temp.

This is mild 10 PSI system with a electronic distibutor and single coil. Fuel pressure is 38PSI and is good once I **** canned the mechanical Race Pump and put in an electric Aeromotive pump. This is a street driver and makes more HP than I can hook up when the boost comes in.

I am an engineer and want to know how to do this myself. What I seem to be fighting is understanding how the various fuel maps affect the VE map. BS3 instructions tell what each map does but is vague on interactions and tells nothing about which maps need to be fine tuned first.

Are there any write ups somewhere? Thanks for your response. What are your experiances?

I sent you a PM. Try around 14% start up enrichment and a base idle VE at 26 and set your A/F at idle to around 14.0 to 14.3. You have to figure out what the base VE # is HOT before you can hone in on the enrichment % on the MAP vs. Coolant table.

With any start up program it is imperative to check all aspects of the tune up, spark tables, individual corrections, timing, ect. Remember the program did it's job and your car started, now it's time to tune it.

Like Ted said you need to get the operating temp stuff first. The maps add or subreact from the VE number so by getting the hot stuff done you can give the car what it needs cold and then as coolant warms up it will end up at zero so you will be on the base VE map. Don't forget to check timing and rotor phasing this is a very important step in the begining
Mike

bs3 help

Thanks to all, it is appreciated. I failed to say that I have about 2000 miles on the system but I'm chasing the details that pop up while trying to learn the fine points of tuning.

Two more questions, if anyone can reply.

What is the significance of the values in the Learing Table? And what about the values for UGEO? These numvbers must have some units but they have eluded me. No surprise there......

Again, thanks for your time, it has already helped.

Back