You can type here any text you want

Budget Speaker Reccomendations for the audio clueless

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FlaBoy

Just a good ole boy...
I know, I know, another "What speakers should I get?" thread:redface:

I currently have no rears, and a set of blown out pyles in the front that came on the car when I got it. My head unit is a Panasonic CQDF583U (at least thats what it says on the front) that I got as an x-mass gift a year or so back. Its rated at a nominal 50Wx4 (25x4 RMS). If you need any other info, please feel free to ask. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to car audio stuff (though I'm an engineer, so I'm capable of learning:biggrin:) so keep that in mind.

I'm looking to get a set of fronts AND rears, in the stock sizes. I know you can get adapters in the back to run 6x9's but I am on a budget and don't wanna deal with the hassle (unless the 4x10's are significantly more expensive due to being an oddball size or something).

As for what I listen to, thats pretty much everything. I spend probably 50% of the time listening to talk radio, the rest is spilt between everything from classical to hip-hop to rock to country to punk. So I guess I'm looking for an all-around general purpose speaker, though I do like to listen to my music on the loud side (whether is be Tchaikovsky or Toots and the Maytals) so a durable set would be nice

My number one priority is price. I just spent all summer and WAY too much money getting the car running again, so I'm pretty much looking for the cheapest set (well maybe not the CHEAPEST) thats a drop in install and isn't a complete waste of money (I know I can get a set from wal-mart or at the auto parts store for dirt cheap, but in my experience they sound like $hit from the start and fall apart in no time, and you end up spending more to replace them).

So to sum it up, I'm looking for a set of decent quality general purpose speakers, with low price being my number one priority. Any suggestions? Also, if you guys have any favorite sources for purchasing this stuff, the only places I'd know to go are Crutchfields, the local chain electronics stores, or E-Bay, so feel free to pass on any other good sources for speakers.

Thanks!

Anyone??

Even a list of brands to look at, or ones to avoid would be helpful. The more I read to try and figure this out the more i realize how little i know about audio, most of its over my head. I just want to get a set of speakers I can drop in that will sound decent, last a while, and won't break the bank.

Infinity's or Pioneer's if your on a budget. Good for all different types of music and pretty clear for talk radio too. Best buy if you need them ASAP or via the web for the best deals...

Stay away from 4ways, stick to 3ways.

Infinity's or Pioneer's if your on a budget. Good for all different types of music and pretty clear for talk radio too. Best buy if you need them ASAP or via the web for the best deals...

Stay away from 4ways, stick to 3ways.

X 2 on Infinity... X 2 on 3-way...

Back