buick beats out luxury car makers in quality!

TType84

cookin with propane
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=677&e=15&u=/usatoday/11452433

According to the survey, which measured what percentage of service visits to dealerships were for repairs rather than maintenance, nine of 13 luxury brands scored worse than the industry average of 35%. Worst of 37 brands in the survey: Land Rover, with 62% of service calls for repairs.

Meantime, mass-market brand Buick tops the list at 21%.

haha! take that luxury automakers! :)

sorry if this has been posted already, i skimmed through the topics and didnt see it..

KUDOS to BUICK! :)

I think the more people pay for the FANCY high priced cars
with more gadgets to go wrong end up bringing them in
for every little thing that goes wrong.

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Great link t type, only thing Buick needs to learn now is a little style.

Yep.. too bad all the new Buicks look like ass.. :mad:

Originally posted by SuperSix
Yep.. too bad all the new Buicks look like ass.. :mad:
Ha! Ha! Precisely what I was thinking. They don't make a single vehicle I'd pay hard-earned money for. :mad:

At least we know, if they ever make something worthy again, it ought to be good quality.

Here's a link that shows the ranking of all the manufacturers in the study: http://www.detnews.com/2003/autosinsider/0307/31/business-231761.htm

Now I might be happy for them if they actually made something in the last 15 years that was worth buying from a performance standpoint.

I know Buicks have been reliable cars for 15+ years, but tops in quality? :eek:

Buicks two flagships, the LeSabre and Park Avenue, have thorougly crappy interior designs and materials. They both feel very much like rental cars or taxis, and don't impart a luxurious quality feel you'd expect for costing as much as they do. Not to mention the LeSabre is hideously ugly.

Recently Bob Lutz said his goal was to make the Buick brand an American Lexus fighter, if he's serious, he's got a very very long road ahead of him. The Rendezvous and Rainier are both far off the mark, and can't compete with the quality or sophistication Lexus offers.

Hopefully whatever replaces the Park Avenue and Regal will help turn Buick around, they can't depend on 60 year olds who think McDonalds serves good food to buy their cars en mass forever.

Wouldn’t you really rather have a B-B-B-B-Buick

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE AND IT LOOKS GREAT!

The quality issue at GM had to be addressed and it has. Not only Buick, but also all other divisions are ranking at the top in terms of quality. GM is the top domestic manufacturer in quality and is also above the industry average.

The “Got to have” products are here and will continue to come. Driven a Z06 lately? GM makes the best Trucks and SUV’s. …………. And there is more to come.

:cool: