Buick should change directions

U-L-G-Y? Did the cheerleaders in your school wear helmets? Lol

Uuummmmm, no.

Yours?

I know from good looking, and post #15 is an UGLY car, period.

IMG_0484.JPG

Cheerleaders, not dancers.... Lol

Well, ever since that embarrassing incident at the local McDonalds involving an inflatable animal, a midget, a girls cheerlearder outfit, some Draino and jar of jalepeno' jelly, dancers are the closest I'm allowed to get to real cheerleaders.........:p

Ha! Good ol jalapeño jelly!

That's exactly what I said to the Judge!!!!!!

Perhaps had I put that little thing-a-ma-jig above the "n" in jalapeno', I would have escaped my Never Again To Be Within 500 ft of a High School" fate.........:eek: ;)

Dang High School typing teacher.........................

That girl, may be a, well, may be a stripper....oh no wait...I think she's just applying to sell insurance...

GM should leave it alone..the GN died in 87..leave it...we dont need another GTO/Charger/Challenger Failure.
I agree about the GTO and Challenger not selling well, but that can't be said about the Charger judging by all the ones we see on the road!

and
"Offer it in 2 door versions only "
What's wrong in offering both a 2 door and a 4 door?...A 2 door could definitely be offered along with a 4 door giving the buyers the choice of deciding which one they want.
Claude.

I agree about the GTO and Challenger not selling well, but that can't be said about the Charger judging by all the ones we see on the road!

and

What's wrong in offering both a 2 door and a 4 door?...A 2 door could definitely be offered along with a 4 door giving the buyers the choice of deciding which one they want.
Claude.

As much as I like the new charger in a four door, it was never offered as a four door so I just think it should have been kept that way,but i guess in the world we live in today it wouldn't survive in only a two door model. Maybe make a t-type version in a two and four door but the GN and GNX should only be offered in a two door but to each his own.

I think they should just come up with a new campaign altogether.

Buick won't ever be able to return to the strange times that borne the GN/TR.

This guy will ensure that it NEVER happens!

images

Rest assured though, strange time are in store for us..................

You got a point there. Question is which shop? Maybe Hennessy?

After thinking about it I think Buick (GM) should partner with McLaren. McLaren has already partnered with ASC with the Ford Mustang and Mercury Capri. McLaren is a British car maker so they should be familiar with the Opel which is what the current Buick Regal is based off of. They build super cars so they know power,handling, style. Buick can cover the safety and emissions part. McLaren just came out with a new 3.8L (V8) twin turbo that produces 787hp.

Would I love a new rwd,or even awd, 787hp Turbo Buick? YES. Would that engine be perfect for a new GN or GNX? YES. Are we going to see a 787hp Buick? No. Even if a retuned version could produce half that, say 390hp that would be better than what we have with Buick now. Possibly a GNX version with around 500hp. Remember while these were some of the fastest cars of the late 80s they left us with a platform to expand. Even if underrated at 320 but putting out 435 would be just like a Tb. So a 390hp Buick with the potential to make some upgrades and up with say 600hp and outrun the newest Camros, mustangs, challengers, and corvettes would be fine with me. Check it out.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/mclaren-p1-supercar-903-hp-plug-hybrid-153640689.html

After thinking about it I think Buick (GM) should partner with McLaren. McLaren has already partnered with ASC with the Ford Mustang and Mercury Capri. McLaren is a British car maker so they should be familiar with the Opel which is what the current Buick Regal is based off of. They build super cars so they know power,handling, style. Buick can cover the safety and emissions part. McLaren just came out with a new 3.8l (V8) twin turbo that produces 787hp.

Would I love a new rwd,or even awd, 787hp Turbo Buick? YES. Would that engine be perfect for a new GN or GNX? YES. Are we going to see a 787hp Buick? No. Even if a retuned version could produce half that, say 390hp that would be better than what we have with Buick now. Possibly a GNX version with around 500hp. Remember while these were some of the fastest cars of the late 80s they left us with a platform to expand. Even if underrated at 320 but putting out 435 would be just like a Tb. So a 390hp Buick with the potential to make some upgrades and up with say 600hp and outrun the newest Camros, mustangs, challengers, and corvettes would be fine with me. Check it out.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/mclaren-p1-supercar-903-hp-plug-hybrid-153640689.html
love the idea. only thing is they would have to redo the transmission being that the buick would have the engine in the front, which is probably not a big deal. Whatever they do, it will not be based on our communities' opinion. They will base their decision on what will make their wallets rip instead of what the legend behind the Grand National name is.

The comments in reply to that article make it sound like Buick should not be able to have a performance model that is better than the performance Cadillacs. Other than the new V-series, when has Cadillac ever made a performance car? They are not a performance company. At least Buick deserves to have a new performance car because of its heritage. I just dont get it and hope any plans of a new turbo regal/performance buick do not get shot down because of what people think the car will do to the other GM companies.

The comments in reply to that article make it sound like Buick should not be able to have a performance model that is better than the performance Cadillacs. Other than the new V-series, when has Cadillac ever made a performance car? They are not a performance company. At least Buick deserves to have a new performance car because of its heritage. I just dont get it and hope any plans of a new turbo regal/performance buick do not get shot down because of what people think the car will do to the other GM companies.
Post up and tell them that....In the 80s there was noone deciding between buying a gn and a coupe de ville!!! Us Gn buyers are a breed of our own and a lot of gn buyers then still have them now.....I already posted :) Then the gn was the Bad boy black sheep and apparently not much has changed lol!!!! All the more reason to make it!!!!