Buick vs. 383 stroker with spray

REGALTURBO

I Am The Master..Master..
One of the last cruise ins last night at the local car hop. Guy with a 86 Grand Prix has been eyeing my car for few weeks. His is built well with a 383 stroker and a shot of nitrous. He won`t tell me really what he has under the hood but guys are telling me it runs in the 11s. So last week during conversation with a few fellow guys he entertains the idea that him and I should line them up the following week and give it a try. I had guys calling my shop all week to see if I was thinking about taking him on.
So this past weekend I prepared and put my slicks on. Last night I showed up with boost way up, race gas and the slicks. He is there with the G/P. After we run into each other we both make it known that we are ready. So I casually hang out with some friends and I notice him checking my car out. Later on in the night I do the same and check his out. I notice he has BFG Drag Radials. When I look under the back of his car he still has stock rear suspension. No bags and no boxed lower control arms. I`m thinking that there is no way he can hook up next to me with my slicks.
The night goes on, it gets dark and everyone heads down to the local strip where everyone runs. Him and I make the deal. We both do a burnout, line them up, starter drops his arm and we go. Surprisingly we are even off the line for about 100ft. Once my car got well into second gear I pulled away from there. By the quarter mile mark I cleaned his clock by a good 3 cars. When we returned to the parking lot everyone was amazed that this relatively quiet V6 just kicked the **** out of this loud and obnoctious G/P. I rubbed it in to him a little bit that he should sell his car and buy one of these. I could only imagine the money he must have in his motor. So I got to drive home with the bragging rights, some new respect by others and a smile. Thought you guys would like to know.

Sweet kill! next time you have a race down there you should get some video of it so we can all enjoy. After the race did he tell you how much nos he was running?

Before the race I was getting pretty pumped up with the crowd of people and witnessing some other races prior to ours. Of course my adrenaline was pumping as we were getting ready to run and I couldn`t have been happier with the outcome. Not knowing what someone really has makes any race very interesting and I really didn`t know how well my slicks would do on the bare pavement. Now I know next time I can launch a little harder. But I will say that I really got my satisfaction when it was over and we both got out of our cars. He literally had nothing to say. He was speechless until he finally said, " I guess I underestimated your car". That was all I needed to hear.

good one reminds me of my friends,a couple that had g.p with 383 stroker from summit back in the early 90's. where upstate r u by the way.

nice kill them stoker 383/396 pack a lot of heat but I may be biased I also own one of them things check sig.

all bs aside If I had to make my call Id say my gn would kiss my vettes taillights but thats just my seat of the pant meter saying so. I have to make it for some timeslips one of these years to clear it up

anyhow nice kill always nice to hear the other KIA

Alan

Yota once said to a young Luke Skywalker,"Never underestimate the power of the dark side". I guess some kids just gotta learn the hard way...

Lord Vador, your car is ready. :biggrin:

Nice kill.

Congrats on kill...but I must add, it is possible that this GP is always on 93 octane and n20 , or was he on kill with race gas too? I know that reality on the street for me does not include race gas. Just saying, a true pump gas brawl with him spraying, you boosting, both on camel pee/93 would be interesting and representative of day to day reality. But, as the crowd saw, A win is a win. :D

I wasn`t sure where or when he would be using the spray. I figured that he wouldn`t use it right off the line because of the drag radials. I was thinking a little way out he might hit the button. He never let me know if he did or not. I`m not sure how he was prepared with his tune. I think that he was running 110octane CAM2 as it is available here at the pump. I`ve been running 115 Turbo Blue which is also available at a pump about 30 minutes from my shop so I made the ride over the weekend with a few gas cans. I run the 110 race chip and I give myself a little cushion with the extra octane. Regardless, I learned once not to race with half a plate but to race with everything you got. Thats why I threw on the slicks. For me, I race to win not to lose. So if he wasn`t preparred or didn`t do his homework, its his loss. I am in upstate and there are some real sleeper cars around here. Usually the ones that don`t look like they can be... are! Now I`m a marked man!

REGALTURBO said:
I wasn`t sure where or when he would be using the spray. I figured that he wouldn`t use it right off the line because of the drag radials. I was thinking a little way out he might hit the button. He never let me know if he did or not. I`m not sure how he was prepared with his tune. I think that he was running 110octane CAM2 as it is available here at the pump. I`ve been running 115 Turbo Blue which is also available at a pump about 30 minutes from my shop so I made the ride over the weekend with a few gas cans. I run the 110 race chip and I give myself a little cushion with the extra octane. Regardless, I learned once not to race with half a plate but to race with everything you got. Thats why I threw on the slicks. For me, I race to win not to lose. So if he wasn`t preparred or didn`t do his homework, its his loss. I am in upstate and there are some real sleeper cars around here. Usually the ones that don`t look like they can be... are! Now I`m a marked man!

Well said! If he didn't come ready to go then thats just it, no excuses. I think its logical to assume though that if he wasn't in race trim then he would of stated it after the race or asked for a rematch on another day to prove it.