Buicks allowed to compete on "Sport Compact Hurricane Nationals" at Moroso...

Originally posted by DFAST1TTYPE
Alex:

As of right now, I am planning on going. As long as the car starts :eek: so that I can put it on the trailer and the weather cooperates. Weather forecast is 50% chance of thunderstorms for Saturday and Sunday :confused:.

If the weather is not good maybe we can race somewhere else: Bradenton, Orlando, Gainesville, Reynolds, Atlanta………… LOL
:D

I feel the need......... the need for speed!!!

:cool:

Hey if it does turn into a rain out, there is a track rental @ Bradenton Sat. night from 5-11, anyone can show and race for $40. :D Lets hope the weather cooperates so, you can compete although, from what I understand this rental has a few sponsers that will be throwing down a 100 bucks for the fastest radial car, and another 100 for the fastest car on slicks. So either way, you can compete in something this weekend, if you want.:)

If all goes well, I will be at moroso, spectating.

-Alex

I'm thinking about spectating on Saturday. Anyone know what time the finals start on Saturday? If the weather holds, I may go up.

Anyone else? (Miami Alex?)

Originally posted by Turbojorge
I'm thinking about spectating on Saturday. Anyone know what time the finals start on Saturday? If the weather holds, I may go up.

Anyone else? (Miami Alex?)

Thats what I've been thinking of doing. I just don't want to go up there and not see anyone run. I might go out with a few other people just to make a small buick presence there. Anyone else going? Anyone know the schedule for saturday and sunday?

DFAST1TTYPE

Thanks. I'm going out basically just to see you and Cal run so I don't want to miss it.:cool:

I will probely go ,i live just a few miles from the track.What day are you guys going,if it dont rain

For those that missed it...

..you did not miss to much. The RICERS had a sh_it fit because it appeared that Ricardo would win the original class(quick 16) he entered hands down, and threaten to bring their cars to the starting line and not move them unless ordered or removed by the authorites. :eek: So in order to compensate them they made Ricardo compete in the outlaw 8 which is basically tube frame cars, with race teams, etc.. Ricardo made a good effort though and made it out of the first round and into the semi's, where he lost to a full tube frame car, after the crew chief for that cars team complained about Ricardo deep staging three times, and ended up giving tha advantage to the RICE mobile off the line. The whole event as a whole showed me how pathetic and weak the Rice community is..

They are the laughing stock of drag racing IMHO... :p

I just want to thank all of you that showed up and provided help and support. Bottom line is, we had some fun.

We knew going in that this event was not going to go smooth and that probably someone would complaint. Personally I like to run with my car, not with my mouth or the keyboard. That is why I have always find amusing how some drag racers seem to have an excuse for everything. When they approach me wanting to change the class my response was “ I am a team player, put me on the other class”. The good part is I still won some $$ which paid for the racing expenses!

If they let me run at the next event I will probably show up. In the mean time, I will run at the Sept 14th event: Mopar Vs all makes.

:cool:

Originally posted by DFAST1TTYPE
I just want to thank all of you that showed up and provided help and support. Bottom line is, we had some fun.

We knew going in that this event was not going to go smooth and that probably someone would complaint. Personally I like to run with my car, not with my mouth or the keyboard. That is why I have always find amusing how some drag racers seem to have an excuse for everything. When they approach me wanting to change the class my response was “ I am a team player, put me on the other class”. The good part is I still won some $$ which paid for the racing expenses!

If they let me run at the next event I will probably show up. In the mean time, I will run at the Sept 14th event: Mopar Vs all makes.

Sounds good, Ricardo. Atleast from the sounds of things, you had a free weekend of racing, which is a good thing.

Everything ok with the car?

-Alex

Ricardo, it was great to see you out there running. The show sucked and so did the cars but it was worth to see your car. It was the first time I ever saw a buick running 8's in person. All I can say is you have a sick car. Wanna trade?:D We had our own problems with Tami's GN. She ended up having to be towed home:( Never could find the coolant leak.

Well done Ricardo! I am sorry I didn't make it, but something came up. Did they put you in the "Big Dawg" class because you were running so well or because you were back halved? I am asking, because I wonder where I would have had to race.

Thanks again for carrying the Buick flag. You represented us very well.

Originally posted by HighPSI
Well done Ricardo! I am sorry I didn't make it, but something came up. Did they put you in the "Big Dawg" class because you were running so well or because you were back halved? I am asking, because I wonder where I would have had to race.

I don't think the fact that he was back halved had anything to do with it. In relative to the class he planned to be running(quick 16) he was about a second to second and half faster(et wise) then anyone in the class, although his trap speeds(high 140's to low 150's) were not to far off. I seen one civic trap 143 and another somewhere in the 140's. Where as the "big dog" class had cars in the high 140 traps all the way up to the 170 range running anywhere from low 9's to low 8's.

If you would have came, they would have put you in the same class Ricardo was in, without question. There is no way they would have let you run the drag radial class. The fastest car in that class was in the low 12's for christ sakes.:p You could have ran the quick 16 on drag radials, and and still destroyed the class.