Buicks at Bunker Hill Dragstrip Saturday June 21st 2008

TOPCAT

WildBill presents.......

BUICKS at BUNKER HILL Dragstrip
IM000717.jpg

Saturday June 21st Track opens at noon. There will be a money class and a trophy class for Buick powered cars only!
Money class is $250 Win,$125 Runner-up $60 Quarter finals with a 20 car field.More cars....more purse money!
Money Class is $35.00 pre-registration $40.00 day of race.
Trophy Class is $15.00 pre-registered $20.00 day of race.
All pre-registered will get a goodie bag and a 24"x36" GS club poster and a ticket for the giveaways!
Special prizes,a BBQ dinner,giveaways and goodie bags plus a 50/50 are just a few thing planned.
Maybe even a little FIREWORKS

More info soon.

Peace WildBill

Cornfield Classic

Bill, Four T.r's Coming From South Bend, Possibly More!
Had A Blast The Last Time We Came!

Galloway's

Here's some of the hardware and $$ that's gonna go to the winners of this event....and that's not all.....the more racers the more payout.
If the weather for the race is like today's weather....next saturday will be PERFECT :TU:

IM000642-2.jpg

Hope to see you there......

E-mail me with questions.....

Peace WildBill

Bunker Hill

It was nice meeting you in Norwalk.
I am hoping to be there with my car.
It sounds like a "wild" time.
Jason
AffordableGN

Jason....i look forward to seeing you again this saturday......bring your whole crew.....this is gonna be fun !.... on the longest day of the year....and we are prepared for that........

IM000481-2.jpg

Peace WildBill

There is a Buick Performance Group sponsored $100.00 prize with a nice trophy for the "Baddest Buick at Bunker Hill" that sets the lowest e.t. during the elimination rounds.

Automotive Machine and Performance of Philpot, KY and Engine Masters fame is also a sponsor and we have $150.00 in gift certificates to award from them.

Please try to pit with all the other Buicks if you plan to attend......

A "chassis tech" session will commence after the racing ends at the H&H Social Club.

Peace WildBill

car show or swap meet?

Our Buicks will make the show......any other Buicks are encouraged to attend.

Free swapping...lay your stuff out at your pit site.

We will have a large display trailer that McGonigal Buick in Kokomo is bringing out for our pit base.

Peace WildBill

Had a good time spectating, decent turn out and some good times
i left at 6 went back to Kokomo grabbed the pulling truck and hauled donkey to peru for a pull and got 2nd

We had fun

I had a great time. Wish I would I have met you House. Wild Bill, You guys did a great job, this event was a blast!!!!!!!!!!

This was the second time I have had the car on the track since the frame off restoration. What a day. I stole the wife’s car, put it in the trailer and headed down. Next the bearing in the alternator of my tow rig started sounding nasty. Made a pit stop at the auto store for new alternator and made it to the track on the noisy one.

The Buick gremlins were haunting me again. I pull up to the staging lanes and the battery in the car goes dead. Back to the pits and my battery charger quits working. We use the truck with the world loudest alternator to get the Buick running. My friend Randy changes out my alternator for me.

My friend Pat was making some minor tweaks to the base fuel map. We get a hold of Cal for some tips on setting up the two step. I really wanted to make some 1/8 mile passes on the new engine, and this event couldn’t have been timed any more perfect for me.

We ended the day with a1.49 60 foot, 6.57 @ 106.33 mile per hour. Then came home with nothing broke on the car. I’ll chalk it up as a good day!!

Bunker Hill Fun

Great event Wild Bill.
Hope the after party was as good!
Do you have any pictures you can post?
Show everyone what they missed.
I left at around 10:30 pm and they were still racing.
When I left there were down to 3 in the money class.
Who ended up winning???
The event was well run and organized.
We had plenty of time between racing runs.
The other non-buick cars were great too.
I haven't ever run on an 1/8th mile track.
It was just as much fun as the 1/4 mile.
I can't wait for the next one.
I hope to see you in Columbus.
Hats off to you!
Jason
AffordableGN