Building a CO2 i/c sprayer.

turbowrenchhead

Drive like you stole it!
Well I did some running around today. I think I can make this work. The only thing I'm still waiting on is the on/off solenoid. There is one place doing checks for me. I hope it doesnt cost alot.
I know where to get a hobbs switch cost is $22 and it has a knob. I alos am going to use an ashtray plate to mount the switches. I found a 20 pd aluminum tank for 105 dollars with the first refill free. Then they are $17 after that. They opperate at 800 psi. I can get the braided line from there too and a regulator if needed but I dont think I need it. I can also get a psi gauge to keep a check on the tank pressure. I found some 3/8 straight copper tubbing and I bought some 90 degree fittings. That cost me appox $20 with the silver solder. I have to draw up a plan for a sprayer and custom fit it to my i/c. I think it will work nice and better fit my i/c and have a much larger tank for less then what the kits are selling for.

If it's not too much trouble could you shoot me an email detailing where you got the parts? I'd really appreciate it.

How are you going to keep the c02 out of the inlet air. I think this has been done before and it did not work very well. I would e-mail topgun on the board and see what he has to say.He has a very trick setup for a pte front mount that is not used as far as i know.

Getting most of the stuff locally. The hobbs is coming from SMC alky. The arming swich is coming from BuickGN.com with the ashtray board. It will be a 3 way switch on/off/bypass. So I can hit the bypass for anytime I wan't to spray the i/c when idleing.

Hey walt. I have the air filter on the right side of the radiator through the support. Its out of the way plenty.

Did a search for topgun, Not a known member. I think this would work real well. I think it would be a problem if you had the air filter inside the engine compartment. But I don't.
Walt how you doing at the track this year?

Thinking of doing a CO2 setup too. Don't think it will be a problem with CO2 being injested into the motor if you have a stock location IC with a shroud. Not sure if I am going to buy a kit or make up my own.

I am now trying to find out if a NOS solenoid will withstand 800 psi or not. I have one local place looking for an industrial type solenoid but dont know how much it cost yet. If you want I can get you some part #'s and phone numbers where I got some of this stuff Buick gn. Or I could trade you some parts for some of your parts, I need a hot air hood shield and ashtray switches.

Hey Mark! I bought a cold air kit from you and just wanted to let you know that I REALLY like it. Great sound, cold air, happy engine. Thanks!:D

I'll agree with Scott, Using my NOS heater pressure is well above 800 psi. it's in the 1050 range. HTH. Paul

this is very "old" school....like back in the late 80s... just wonderin why you would think it would work now???:p

Originally posted by Grumpy
this is very "old" school....like back in the late 80s... just wonderin why you would think it would work now???:p

So you are saying it doesn't work?

i can get the solenoids

my job have pleanty of hd solenoids jsut have to see if its the kind you need` what i cna do is send you one and you can see if it will work email me at bumpinrecords@aol

Maybe there is a reason his s/n is Grumpy. I can't see any downfalls of this theory. The only one is getting CO2 into your air intake but that won't be a problem. I know with one of your kits for hot-air also reloctes the air filter through the radiator support and would also resoulve this, right?