Building new engine and have some questions for the experts

GNVAIR

I am planning on turning up the wick this year and my stock 130k mile engine is not going to cut it. I have some questions and would like to get some feedback on what others have experienced. I plan on building something that can hold up to high 10-low 11 second ets.I still have to buy pistons, rings, rod and main bearings, cam bearings and lifters.
I have everything else including a good turbo crank.
1. I plan on buying J&E pistons. Should I use the wrist pins they come with?
2. What brand and type of rings should I run?
3. What type rod and main bearings should ? I know people have recommended Federal Mogul on these in the past
4. As far as cam bearings go, should I buy these from TA Performance?
5. I am going to be running a Comp Cams flat tappet cam. Should I use their lifters or GM?
6. What specs should I set the rod and main clearances to?
7. If my crank is still standard, how can I get the correct clearances?
8. How much should I pay to balance the engine?
9. I already have a Race Jace girdle. Should I also install billet caps on the 3 front mains along with this?
Anything else I should take into consideration with my short block that I might be missing here? Thanks in advance guys.

Originally posted by GNVAIR

Anything else I should take into consideration with my short block that I might be missing here? Thanks in advance guys.

Don't know about your short block there but if you get a "Bailey" ECM you'll be able to run those times on pump gas...:rolleyes:

1. Yes
2. File-fit Speed-Pros or Total-Seals
3. Any "H" series you can find or King bearings
4. Durabond has a new cam bearing that is teflon coated. I am using them in my new motor and TA's bearings are Durabond.
5. You have to run Comp's lifters if you are worried about keeping your cam warranty unless they changed this policy. GM lifters bleed off more and the Sealed Power units act like GM lifters for 1/2 the cost.
6. It is 50/50 for MHO. I have had it both ways and had good luck. If I had to give MHO it would be .0015"-.002" on the mains and .0015" on the rods.
7. Through your bearing size and machine work.
8. Typical is $150-$250.
9. I don't think it is needed with a girdle but it wouldn't hurt to put the center two on.

Low 11's or high 10's on a constant basis is hard on the wallet! Are you ready$$$

GM lifters are the silent way to go......by far the quietest.
They are expensive compared to everyone else though. That's what we use with the comp 206/206.
At least #'s 2 & 3 billet mains.

I agree with Intercooler but i don't think you need the steel caps. But if you have extra $$$ they will not hurt. CC lifters are noisy, get GM or Sealed Power. Keep it very clean on assembly and measure for correct pushrod length. Frank