You can type here any text you want

Bulbs for AVC dash

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
The vdo speedometer bulb is slightly over 9mm in diameter with two pins that hold it in place. I bought a 9mm bulb from superbrightleds.com but it kept falling out. I also shorted out the bulb for the brights. It is some kind of little bulb that slips into a tube for the blue indicator. Thanks

Found a plastic socket at Napa that accepts a larger bulb and still slips into the hole on the back of the speedometer. Also found an led bulb at Radio Shack for my brights. Will finish the install tomorrow.

Part numbers would be great as I have the same setup. Wish. I had thought about drilling another hole to add a second bulb.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The plastic socket has a positive and negative wire so it won't ground to the speedometer case. No big deal. It is part # LS6513. I think the bulb is 921. They sell the bulbs separately so u can try them till u find one u like. Just put the bulb in the socket and touch the wires to one of their batteries on display.

Back