Burner Question

B

Bernard

Does anyone on this board us a Rommax eprom burner? I just picked up a used one and can't seem to get it to work properly. I've called the company that sells the burner and they won't help. I would never recommend buying anything from EEtools. They suggested my 266 PII is too fast so I borrowed a 486 with no difference. It does everything it's supposed to but burn the eprom. I get error msgs saying chip data is different than buffer data. Any suggestions?
Bernard

This isnt much help but I bought a ChipMax from EETools a couple of weeks ago and also had problems and found their customer service to be a joke. I promptly returned the unit and bought another Needham's Electronics programmer. Needhams may be pricey but they have better support.

FWIW in your situation you might want to look for any type of programmer delays and slow them all the way down. I had my DOS programmer running on a 2Ghz P4 with the byte delays at their slowest settings.

Originally posted by Bernard
Does anyone on this board us a Rommax eprom burner? I just picked up a used one and can't seem to get it to work properly. I've called the company that sells the burner and they won't help. I would never recommend buying anything from EEtools. They suggested my 266 PII is too fast so I borrowed a 486 with no difference. It does everything it's supposed to but burn the eprom. I get error msgs saying chip data is different than buffer data. Any suggestions?
Bernard

Intronics, Pocket Programmer,
$149 ish.
I have managed to drop one enough to break it, and it had done LOTS of chips. I liked it enough to get a new one, and have that one fixed. I've had several other brands, and like it PP's best.

I had a Pocket Programmer.

It caught on fire and melted the case.

I dont have a Pocket Programmer anymore.

So THATS why its called a chip 'burner'.....

:D

I've had a PP since 1991, no fires so far.
new power pack twice
new transistor once
repaired ribbon cable twice
probably more

TurboBob

Just goes to further the theory that I'm hard on parts I guess :D