You can type here any text you want

Burning chips...SES just flashes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dan K

I've decided I'm going to burn some chips for the GN.
After doing some chips for a buddies 93 Z28 and using Amtel's reflashable 29C256 chips, the reflashable chips seemed like the way to go. Only thing I need is an adapter for the chip to work on the GN ECM. Well, after a little searching (and some recommendations from others on this board) I found exactly what I wanted here.
I can burn the chip without a problem and then pull the bin right back out of the chip...so the chip is taking the file. It doesn't matter whether I put 1 bin in, or put 8 bins in the chip either.
I plug the adapter into the ECM and turn the key on and the SES just flashes really fast continuously. The scanmaster turns on and tells me that it's V2.1.....but then after that goes blank.
I've tried 5 different bin files....even a stock bin. I've tried 3 different chips. I've verified with the guy that sells the adapters that I have it oriented correctly also. He said that some of his mail order customers have had a problem with this, but when he does one for someone locally he hasn't had a problem.
Anybody know why the SES just flashes or why the scanmaster just goes blank?

Did you calc the checksum? Are you tieing high or low (however a thumbwheel works) the address line? ie, if you're putting a file from 0000-0FFF then are you reading from that space?

I'm using TunerCat for the bin files. Doesn't TunerCat calculate the checksum by itself when you save the file?
Also, I've got HexWorkshops' trial version...so if you want me to try something with that I'm all ears.
I've put a bin in from 0000-0FFF and used the local switch on the adapter to try all 8 positions. Didn't work.
I e-mailed Craig Moates, and he told me that position 0 on the local switch is from 7000-7FFF. So I just put a file in there and blanked the rest of the chip...still no go.

Back