Buying a GN in Illinois...can anyone help?

Just saw the video you posted. Thank you very much for your time and help. Car looks clean to me as well. For everyone on this board Rafs-T-Type was a true gentlemen and stepped up to help me. I'm in California (los angeles area) and I would gladly step up if anyone needs any type of assistance. Thank you.

Dvernst, I ended up pulling out of the deal. Seller became shady when I told him I was having a buick expert look at the car for me. He stated the car was already looked at from top to bottom by his people and it didn't need to have that again. SHADY

Dvernst, I ended up pulling out of the deal. Seller became shady when I told him I was having a buick expert look at the car for me. He stated the car was already looked at from top to bottom by his people and it didn't need to have that again. SHADY
Either shady, or he doesn't really want to sell it. One thing I've definitely learned though is too follow your instinct. Since it's not for sale on Tb.com he's probably hoping someone buys it that doesn't really know what they're getting. Maybe not, but don't be shady then right? Good luck finding a nice car. There's plenty out there

Dave

Your absolutely right. I really appreciate everyone who offered to help. My search continues.

I bought a decent T for $9k that I knew needs the motor to be gone through. Solid car, no rust, but have a lot in to it now that I built the motor. If you can find one for $15-16K with a solid motor, I think that's definitely the route to go... Unless you're looking for a show car which is a whole different ball game. Good luck...

Turboburick was right. If you want a fast car, and you buy one from an honest board member you really can't go wrong...

Rick was actually the person to go check the car for me...haha
I haven't met him in person, but have talked with him in the past. I know he has a really good reputation around here though. He probably thought he was in Wisconsin coming all the way up here. Haha!

I wonder who he is. Good chance I've seen him, and/or the car before, unless he doesn't bring it out.

I wonder who he is. Good chance I've seen him, and/or the car before, unless he doesn't bring it out.

It wasn't a private seller. And when a car only has 36k on it there's a good chance you haven't seen it on the road ;). Anyway I took a quick look at the car and it seemed pretty great, but no way someone should drop 25-30k site unseen without having someone with expertise look at it and take it for a ride. I know it sucks there may be salt on the road, but the place also details and has a lift. Wash it off good when you get back if you have to. I'm not sure why they would me check it out, but not Rick.

From the pics it looks fantastic. Don't know about rust, engine and tranny. I got nervous so I pulled out. Later, the guy was telling me to send my guy and before he sold it to someone else would give me another opportunity to but it. it was too late by then. Went with my instinct. Just hope I didn't miss out on a good car

I'm kinda glad you passed. Something was sitting a little funny in my stomach after a while. I forget exactly where you said you were from but you may want to get in touch with Papa Lou over there in SoCal and ask him to keep an eye out for what you're looking for. Everyone seems to love hime over there on the West Coast. - http://www.turbolou.com/Home.html

Thx. He was my first contact I'm in touch with him during this process to find one.