You can type here any text you want

Cal hartline look inside

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
smoke, im not sure where you're trying to go with this ..
james told me you tried to tell him that the box in the pic he sent wasn't yours

whether Cal tuned it last week or last year has no bearing on the fact that the casper xfi box you sold and shipped to James is burned up ,
for the record James doesnt even own an xfi yet and his car is in pieces at my place getting a forged motor buildup and his trans is down with the valve body out at lonnies getting a brake installed
so there is no way it ever got plugged into anything at his end

what you see in the pics is what you sent

glad he looked into the jumpers and discovered it this soon because it would have been another month before his car was ready and it would have been a shame if the adapter box caused damage to a brand new xfi which he has plans to get before the season starts from Jack

Looking at the two burned traces: One is ECM D10 (ground) and the other is CCCI B3 (ground return). For this to happen, the CCCI may have had grounding issues. Also, for D10 to burn, the ECM grounding would have to be overloaded.

Fix: 1)Look at electrical grounds behind the passenger cylinder head.
2)Be sure CCCI module is properly bolted to the bracket AND be sure the engine block is grounded to A)battery via negative battery cable, and B)battery cable pigtail ground to chassis(radiator support).

My bet would be that the negative battery cable connections are the culprit and need to be tightened.

PS The PC board can be easily repaired with jumper wires.

thats not the point...

this was advertised as almost new with nothing wrong with it. If i had known it was burnt i wouldnt have purchased it. I will not have a few jumper wires supporting an $1800 xfi system

Attachments

• MESSAGE.jpg
    MESSAGE.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 279
FWIW,

Looking at the XFI system, that adapter would function normally, even with those ground traced burned out. Odd as it seems, there are redundancies that keep the grounds in check.

The XFI looks for B6 CCCI GND return to go back to the ECU, but it's common with other ECU grounds - so the black/red stripe return wire is really redundant. Grounding the CCCI module would, in theory, place the module at "ground zero". Of course, this is assuming that the CCCI module has that blk/red pin internally grounded to its case. I believe there are non-OEM parts out there that don't have the pin attached internally.
And the second trace D10, which runs through the original GN engine harness and goes to engine ground, is also ground zero - assuming the flying pigtail on the adapter box is attached to the car's body > frame > engine block > electrical grounds > battery ground. NOTE: If the ground wire ring terminal on the adapter box is not attached to a ground point under the dash, you WILL burn traces out of the adapter box.

thanks for the responses john, but once again, thats not the point

refer back to post #5

thanks for the responses john, but once again, thats not the point

refer back to post #5

What is the point then ?

1 - Is it to publicly bash someone before resolving this privately?
2 - Is it to warn us of bad buyer? (Go to feedback forum then)
3 - Is there some hidden tech in here?

Allan G.

nobodys bashing anyone,

i didnt even start this thread, the seller did

when i opened the box i sent him a pm and we spoke about it on the phone. He was saying theres no way that was like that but would check with john to see if it could be warranteed. I go on the board and i see this thread...

I started this thread. I know it was a newer box and that Cal just tuned it with the NEW engine to prove it worked. I had know idea is was like that inside. my only question is why would you open a box up unless it did not work???? I did question if it was the one I sent, he says yes enough said.

The point.....is......

I can understand why the seller claimed it's almost new and there's nothing wrong with it. My observations would agree with the seller's assessment, as there would be no reason for the seller to even open it up - it worked for him in his application.

The buyer opened it up and found damaged traces. Then the seller asked the buyer to send it back.

It's a done deal. Seller will probably repair the unit and sell it as "rebuilt". And it will function normally.

Back