You can type here any text you want

Calculating HP ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike T

Could a rough estimate of HP be made with the max MAF # & max injector DC from the PowerLogger assuming that the A/F was correct ? I know that the dyno would tell all but that's not an option at the moment.

Could a rough estimate of HP be made with the max MAF # & max injector DC from the PowerLogger assuming that the A/F was correct ? I know that the dyno would tell all but that's not an option at the moment.

a rough estimate is take the injector size (60lb) x dutycle (70% or .7)= 42lbs of fuel x 2 (bsfc estimate) x 6 injectors= 504hp

a rough estimate is take the injector size (60lb) x dutycle (70% or .7)= 42lbs of fuel x 2 (bsfc estimate) x 6 injectors= 504hp
Wow! Please check my math would 60s @ 83% be 597hp ?

Your math is correct. The only thing I'd do different is to use .55 for the BSFC. We tend to run our cars rich. This puts the HP at 543, which is still respectable.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Your math is correct. The only thing I'd do different is to use .55 for the BSFC. We tend to run our cars rich. This puts the HP at 543, which is still respectable.

RemoveBeforeFlight

That is still much better than I was expecting. That's like 435 at the rear wheels using 20% loss. I really thought it would only have a little over 400 at the crank. This darn thing still has room for more that number is at 20 psi, 19 timing & 93 octane.

Thank you, Mike

That is still much better than I was expecting. That's like 435 at the rear wheels using 20% loss. I really thought it would only have a little over 400 at the crank. This darn thing still has room for more that number is at 20 psi, 19 timing & 93 octane.

Thank you, Mike

This, of course, is assuming your fuel pump is keeping up.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This, of course, is assuming your fuel pump is keeping up.

I have the Aeromotive 340 that they claim could deliver enough fuel @ 20 psi for 700 fwhp. Not sure what another 5 psi of boost would do to the fuel flow rate.

Are you monitoring the fuel pressure at wot? I'm sure the pump can handle it, there are other factors such as voltage etc. that can hurt the performance of the pump. I'm not saying that you have a problem, just something to keep an eye on.

I set the static fuel pressure but you got me on the wot pressure, one of the guys at work threw out my transducer not knowing what it was and a replacement is on the list. I have really been watching my powerlogger for any hint of detonation. I certainly hope that some of my post or replies don't seem like a rebuttal or that I'm a know it all. It's just that this is one of the few places that I can bounce ideas off of people who understand these cars and I really appreciate all of the input that is given.

Back