You can type here any text you want

California smog test

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BandRturbo

Do any of you guys have problems getting your car to pass emmissions tests? I live in california and I dont know if it will be a big problem if I get a gn.

Where in CA? Usually most aftermarket closedloop chips work just fine.

I easily passed a smog test today in Oceanside using a TT smog chip. Here's the changes I made to my signature to expedite passing:

1. Turned off the alky pump and replaced the drilled up-pipe with an original pipe. Hid the alky feed line along the passenger fender.

2. Re-installed the stock oil breather to the PS valve cover.

3. Re-installed the stock wastegate actuator (non-adjustable), removed the RJC boost controller, and installed the stock boost lines.

4. Re-set fuel pressure to 38 PSI (line off) and removed the fuel pressure gauge from the fuel rail.

5. Changed oil and filter.

I spoke with the technician prior to the test and he indicated that he had no problem with a cold air setup and cone filter. He did, however, indicate that the alky system would require a permit number so I just disabled it. Note that this is with 50lb Delphi injectors and NGK plugs gapped at a tight .032.

Back