You can type here any text you want

Callaway Corvette twin turbo Sledgehammer goes 254.76 MPH in 1988.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dI-47Z2hI[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not much into the top end stuff, but I have always wondered why so many people are impressed with these ultra exotic purpose built cars like the McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron, and now the latest top end record holder the SSC Ultimate Aero, when Callaway's Sledgehammer (with the late John Lingenfelter driving) went almost as fast about 20 years ago using an existing platform (C4 Vette).:confused:

its all about the Aero and drag co eff, they did an exceptional job with an exceptional car, way ahead of its time

that was awesome... i even watched the whole thing.... never new that that model Callaway C4 went over 254mph...:eek: i remember seeing pics of that car on magazines when i young.... now i need to find pics of that engine

I love that car, do you remember when Duttweiler built the 200mph stock bodied fox that went 200 mph? It was a cog driven vortec motor.

Looks like they got it right after the GNX spanked the 87 version!! Was never impressed the the Caloway TT Vette after seeing that.

Ken B.

I love that car, do you remember when Duttweiler built the 200mph stock bodied fox that went 200 mph? It was a cog driven vortec motor.

John,

I do remember that car, it was featured in either Hotrod or Car Craft and I think it might have also had a write-up about it in Turbo Magazine. If I remember correctly it was a red '93 Cobra hatch and the motor was only a 306" with a Vortech blower and I believe they used the DFI. Definitely a neat car!:cool:

Looks like they got it right after the GNX spanked the 87 version!! Was never impressed the the Caloway TT Vette after seeing that.

Ken B.

The '87 Callaway TT Vette was a completely different car, not even close to the Sledgehammer. There was a guy down here that used to come out to our local car show (Towershops) that actually owned both a GNX and he had a Callaway TT Vette (can't remember the year his was, but they were produced between '87 up till '91). His actually had the 700-R4 automatic trans and I believe his was a convertible.

Back