You can type here any text you want

Calpaks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dean

Are customizing Calpaks for other injectors something anyone has done, and is there a way the Pocket Programmer can be setup to burn 'em?

I haven't uncovered what proms are used yet, either.

Dean

Crud, that kinda bites.

Guess I'll just rely on what I've been relying on, a spare ECM in the trunk with a chip loaded.

Thanks,

Dean

You can solder resistors onto the calpak to change it. I don't recall the specifics but there are some pins that control the slope of the PW vs the CTS, along with a knee in the slope. Like going from a choke mode with extra fuel to a regular mode.

Pin 16 is +5 volts. With pins 4 & 7 being ground. Can place the resistors between a calibration pin and then either 16 or 4/7 to change it.

Best to have an ECM bench to do this. That way the injector PW can be observed while running the ECM.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Why are you worried about the calpak??? It only comes into play in "limp home" mode.

Why are you worried about the calpak??? It only comes into play in "limp home" mode.

Because when you are running injectors that are twice or more the stock flow rate. If the ECM goes into limp mode the engine will immediately flood and foul the plugs. It takes a whole bunch more work to get the engine running vs. walking home.

Only a spare ECM/chip and six new plugs will get it going again. Plus the tools to change the plugs on the side of the road.

And limp mode is only a loose PROM chip or flaky ECM away.

RemoveBeforeFlight

True enough, I guess I hadn't worried about it that much. It's been over 10 years since mine fell into limp home mode. Back in the Direct Scan days.

Back