You can type here any text you want

Cam bearing question????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

I ordered a set of Federal Mogul cam bearings last week from the local speed shop. I went to pick them up Saturday but they did not come in. When I checked with the parts guy I asked him to double check the part number to be sure. He had to pull out the book because of no listing on the computer.

In FM bearings there were 3 listings for the 3.8 vin code 7 one was for a 14 bolt oil pan and one was for a 20 bolt oil pan. Then there was a listing for a bearing with no oil groove one with half groove and one with a full groove.

None of these specified our engine.

Does the correct cam bearing have an oil groove? The ones I took out of mine did not so I am curious to know if I had the wrong ones in.

I beleive the part number for the FM listing I thought was correct is a 1755m

some one please point me in the right direction, I am going to order my roller cam kit this week so i need the cam bearings to assemblle.

Thanks

Bet yet.....

Call TA Performance and buy their teflon coated bearings or the Durabond teflon coated ones.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Would you lnow what number the ta durabonds are correct for our motors-B-12 or B13?

Lots of typing

The 86-87 (109 block) has a groove in the block under the front cam bearing to get oil to the drivers side lifters. This is a 20 bolt pan block. The front and rear bearing is .020 larger in dia. than the middle 2.
Some late 85 were 20 bolt pans but did not take the same cam bearings (I believe).
The 14 bolt pan block mid 85 and down take a different set of cam bearings. They are all the same dia. bearing (same dia. as the middle 2 on the 109 block).
Most cams have a groove in the front journal to get oil to drivers side lifters.
These new cast cams from Comp DO NOT have a groove in the front journal.
If you have a 109 block you should be able to order cam bearing for it (if you can't I have some sets). I have not seen any with a groove amd with a 109 block you do not need a groove as it is in the block. Best of luck.

Back