You can type here any text you want

Cam lobe wiped again

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tylerside

:confused: Hey, Looking for some help. I am pretty sure I wiped a cam lobe on front passenger side cylinder (can't remember what # that is) for yet a second time with almost no miles on it. Has anyone else had this problem? Motor is fairly fresh, can't see why it has failed twice now. Thought first time maybe it was a bad cam, but twice? Has to be a reason.

Go roller and solve your problem. Its not cheap but better than rebuilding the engine twice. There is alot of old posts about lifters not turning on cyl #3 and oil being the culprit. Do a lot of searching on this topic. Good luck

The additive that is being sold "zddp" is a replacement for the zinc.I think it is the zinc that was removed from engine oils. Mobil 1 used to have it along with rotella and some others. but now I dont think they can sell oil with it.Thats why alot of guys went to a roller set up along with all new cars and trucks. A lot of people will probably post about this.

Back