You can type here any text you want

cam sensor play?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

williambavila

William Avila (The Buick Guy)
I have the cap off my cam sensor and i noticed a lot of play like half inch or so when i grab it and try to turn it.also up and down play about one quarter inch or so. is this ok. the i am doing this is because i have a ticking noise in the upper end could this be it?

:eek:You mean half inch CW or CCW? Id pull it and check the gear somethings jacked up

ok i found the screw on the top was loose i tightened it and its less than 1/16 left to right. now i still have up and down play and the ticking noise is still there

i am not sure what you mean. the car runs fine i just have a ticking noise like a flat lobe but i was checking this just to be sure

i am replacing the cam sensor installed it but no start what do i need to do to set the position of cam sensor?

There will be some up/down play. Right above the gear is a small washer that serves as a spring to hold tension. For what reason I do not know but my new sensor{GM} and old sensor{GM} both had it.

Back