You can type here any text you want

cam shaft question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodaniel

clean air 1
currently running this cam in my 235 which i know isnt the best choice but i would like to use in another build... so am looking for input on whether it would be worthwhile to use again or go with something else
the specs:
comp cam hyd roller
.555 gross lift
236 duration at .050
.347 lobe lift
113.0 lobe separation

my build is a t/a alum block 274 ci
fully ported gn1 heads
champion intake
95 lb injectors
71 billet wheel turbo

Are you going to use solid lifters? What springs did you plan on using? What mph are you looking for? You would be a lot better off with less duration and more lift with that small turbo especially if its a 3 bolt

Are you going to use solid lifters? What springs did you plan on using? What mph are you looking for? You would be a lot better off with less duration and more lift with that small turbo especially if its a 3 bolt

looking to do 145 -150mph range, the cam is a hyd roller so the springs are matched and yes the turbo is a 3 bolt, i bought this car already built so i am trying to use what i already have (if i can)on the new short block
what are you thinking something in the 224 range with a 600 lift

looking to do 145 -150mph range, the cam is a hyd roller so the springs are matched and yes the turbo is a 3 bolt, i bought this car already built so i am trying to use what i already have (if i can)on the new short block
what are you thinking something in the 224 range with a 600 lift
There would only be certain lobes id use and probably in the 224@.050 range. If youre not going to post what springs you will be using im not going to advise anything.

There would only be certain lobes id use and probably in the 224@.050 range. If youre not going to post what springs you will be using im not going to advise anything.

i will have to go through the reciepts to see what springs were used

Back